The Sprout School provides a full or part-day, high-quality early childhood education for children age 18 months to five years old. The Sprout School offers financial aid and thus encourages all families to apply, regardless of income.
The Sprout School Downtown is located at 6 N. 5th Street and enrolls students ages 18 months through 5 years old.
The Sprout School at the Children’s Museum of Richmond (CMoR) is located at 2626 W. Broad Street. Sprout @ CMoR will open its doors on September 12, 2016, enrolling children ages 2.5 through 5 years.
The Sprout School embraces the Reggio Emilia teaching philosophy which encourages discovery, creativity and community. In our preschool, a child is an active learner partnered with the teacher. The teacher’s role is not to provide children with all the information, rather to help children discover answers on their own.
The Sprout School:
- views a child’s curiosity as a crucial tool in the learning process.
- encourages questions and provides interactive tools with which children can experiment and learn through play.
- plants seeds of knowledge for children to choose to nurture.
- promotes childhood literacy and a love of learning.
- encourages children to discover answers to their questions on their own and to make connections through collaboration with their peers.
- prepares students for kindergarten and beyond. Last year, 100 percent of our transitioning preschoolers were ready for kindergarten.
The teacher’s role is not to provide children with all the information, rather to help children discover answers on their own.
Application & Enrollment
We accept applications on a rolling basis. To apply, please download, print and complete our application. You may submit it by mail, fax, or in person at our 6 N. 5th Street (Downtown) location.