Below, you will find answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about The Sprout School by applicants and Sprout School parents.
If you cannot find the information you are looking for on this page, you may contact Sprout School and we will be happy to answer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are your hours of operation?
The Sprout School operates from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with full-day options available to every family.
When does the center close?
- New School Year Preparation (August 31, 2020- September 11, 2020) – parents are not charged tuition this week
- Labor Day (September 7, 2020)
- Teacher Work (November 3, 2020)
- Thanksgiving (November 26 & 27, 2020)
- Christmas (December 24 & 25, 2020)
- New Years Day (January 1, 2021)
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 18, 2021)
- Teacher Work Day (February 15, 2021)
- Teacher Work Day (April 5, 2021)
- Memorial Day (May 31, 2021)
- Independence Day (July 4, 2021)
What will happen if my child falls ill while at school?
- If the child is unable to participate in classroom activities due to lethargy, coughing, pain or difficulty breathing, they are too sick for school and should remain at home until able to participate.
If a child becomes ill while at school with any of the symptoms described above and (Fever, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Rash, and Discharge from eyes) the parent or guardian will be called and the child must be picked up as soon as possible (with 1 hour).
If the child or any member of the child’s family, develops a re-portable communicable illness, as determined by the State Board of Health, The Sprout School must be informed within 24 hours. Life threatening illness must be reported immediately.
Who can pick up my child?
- Your child will only be released to persons you have designated on your child’s registration form as emergency contacts. You may update this form at anytime.
Do you have an immunization policy?
- Yes. Children must be up to date on their immunizations to enroll. Per Virginia State Law a religious or medical exemption may be accepted.
What is the student/ teacher ratio?
Do children need to be potty trained to attend?
- Preschool are expected to be potty trained or well into the process of potty trained. For toddlers the teacher will work with parents to determine when the child may be ready to begin.
- Sprout School provides diapers, pull-ups, and wipes.
May I come visit?
- Yes once your child is enrolled at The Sprout School, you may visit at any time.
The Sprout School supports parent involvement in the classroom. Family events are offered throughout the year to facility parent and family engagement.