The Sprout School provides a full day, high-quality early childhood education for children age 2 months to 5 years old. The Sprout School offers financial aid and thus encourages all families to apply, regardless of income.
The Sprout School Bainbridge is located at 1101 Bainbridge Street and enrolls children ages 2 months through 5 years and also our Head Start program.
The Sprout School at the Children’s Museum is located at 2626 W. Broad Street and enrolls children ages 3 years through 5 years.
The Sprout School at Second Presbyterian is located at 5 N 5th Street and enrolls children ages 2 months through 5 years.
The Sprout School embraces the Reggio Emilia teaching philosophy which encourages discovery, creativity and community. In our preschool, a child is an active learner partnered with the teacher.
The Sprout School:
- views a child’s curiosity as a crucial tool in the learning process.
- encourages questions and provides interactive tools with which children can experiment and learn through play.
- plants seeds of knowledge for children to choose to nurture.
- promotes childhood literacy and a love of learning.
- encourages children to discover answers to their own questions and to make connections through collaboration with their peers.
- prepares students for kindergarten and beyond. Last year, 100 percent of our transitioning preschoolers were ready for kindergarten.
The teacher’s role is not to provide children with all the information, rather to help children discover answers on their own.